100-Year-Old Electric Car DrivenCar Race Project in Kyoto
On April 16, the electric car "Detroit," imported from the United States 100 years ago, was driven in Okazaki Park in Sakyo Ward, Kyoto, and attracted the attention of car enthusiasts and tourists.
The electric car is owned by "GS Yuasa," a leading battery manufacturer headquartered in Minami Ward, Kyoto. It was bought by Genzo Shimadzu, one of the company founders, in 1917 and restored in 2009. This time, it appeared in the event "La Festa Primavera: The Memorial Festival of Vintage Cars in Spring," whose finish line was Okazaki Park.
As the car, with its silk-hat-shaped frame and gleaming black finish, slowly drove approximately 50 meters with its bell ringing, spectators snapped photo after photo.(Translated by Mie Hiuzon, Psyche et l’Amour, Inc.)